On Friday 6th February a public meeting was organised by Labour councillors where residents could discuss concerns they had with the plans Bentley had put forward. It was clear from the public meeting that:
- Residents do not want to see Sunnybank Road and Pyms Lane closed
- Longer journey times for emergency vehicles and residents was a main concern
- Residents felt that the closure of the two roads would create more congestion on already busy surrounding streets
- Concerns were voiced about the future of the refuse disposal site and Meadow Bank Cemetery
- The re-routing of school and service buses was also discussed
- Residents said, if the road closures were to go ahead, they would prefer to see one entrance to the site and that should be from Middlewich Road
- It was also felt that no changes should be made until the road network around the Bentley Campus has been significantly improved
The results of the consultation, which closed on February 14th 2017, will be analysed and the results will be fed back to Bentley and Cheshire East Council.
- Cheshire East Cabinet members will then make the final decision on the future direction of the Bentley Masterplan
- Individual planning applications will need to be made for any new buildings of highway construction. (Residents may comment on any planning applications via the Cheshire East Planning website)
- Any closures of roads will have to be approved by the Public Rights of Way Committee, and again residents will be able to comment on any proposals.
In the meantime your local Labour Councillors will be monitoring the situation and attending meetings to ensure that all resident’s concerns are strongly expressed.